Warped Tour 2014
The tour ended this year in wonderful Colorado last Sunday and it rocked me so hard, my body is still feeling it. Even my face decided it wanted a sunburn to prove it was real.
The day started before sunrise with the infamous Jon picking me up for his first ever Warped Tour and that meant I wanted to be my usual pre-concert hype self, even at 6 in the morning. We took a trip to the Golden Arches for breakfast and then met up with the one person missing in our trio, Olivia. She was nice enough to get there early and save us a pretty decent spot in line.
Sadly the line wasn’t as money hungry this year. I’m usually all about people asking me to buy their silly little CD that’s going to pay for the gas to get them back home. Their struggle is kind of “real”. I did end up getting sucked into the inevitable Peta 2 free stuff attack though which got me a text and a bracelet . I also got a CD from a band, that no one had to sell to me based on the fact that they were giving it away for free.
What Bands I Saw:
- Fast forward the actual beginning of the festivities, after the long run to the Vans tent for more free stuff. The three of us had already decided who we wanted to see, but upon seeing the set times I knew I had to add State Champs to that list. They were up first on the main stage, which led me to having Hard To Please stuck in my head the rest of the day. I rocked out by myself, but I didn’t really care. They rocked my socks off too much to care who was surrounding me anyways. They’re my new favorite band and everything has been about them since.
- After that I believe we saw BIG Wax. He was the grove music of the day. If you ever get a chance to see him you won’t be disappointed, mainly because you’re having too good of time singing fun, ridiculous, but catchy lyrics and dancing.
- Next In line was Mr. Watsky. This was our 5th time seeing him and he just continues to bring the funk. He’s so much fun to watch, especially when he puts on his roller blades and decides to moon the crowd. Hella fun times right there.
- Then my main attraction came; Issues. I’ve wanted to see them since I heard Never Lose Your Flames, so they were on top of my to-see list. They didn’t disappoint either. Hooligans live is the definition of cray-cray.
- The cooling off period took place at The Acoustic Basement to hear a little Nick Santino. He started with some Free Falling which is always a pleasure to hear him sing. We stayed for a few more songs and then left to walk around and get me to spend more money.
- We caught a little of Dj Nicola Bear before heading off to the last band I was dying to see; The Summer Set. Since Legendary I’ve been all over them. I must have been on the wrong side though, because Jon and myself were the only ones jumping where I was standing. Many of them only cared about Of Mice and Men, which is fine, but it sucks when I’m more hype then the people around me. I tried not to care and in the end, they still made me smile. Plus, Jess Bowen is a beast on the drums just saying. Life goals right there.
Who I Met:
- Wastky and Chukwudihodge don’t really count because I’ve met them numerous time, but I did get to say hi to Wax which I didn’t get to the last time I saw him.
- Although it took me forever to find their tent, I did end up meeting Derek from State Champs, who signed the CD and poster I bought from them.
- I also at the last minute went and sought out the YouTuber’s tent and got to meet Damon Fizzy, who to my small surprise, regardless of the fact that our tongues were out during our selfie, was actually a pretty chill and sweet person. His YouTube videos are make him seem really erratic, so this was a nice change.
What I Bought:
I spent a good amount of money, but my favorite purchases were my:
- Create Inspire Beanie from Charlavil a DIY artist.
- The last Finer Things album at State Champ’s merch tent.
- My “Do What You Love-Love What You Do” Shirt from a group called Natural High who’s main objective is for people to have fun without the need of drugs and alcohol.
*So that was the long winded and over due post about Warped Tour, but I finally got the shortest and probably the most boring version of the day down.
The day was literally so BONKERS that I couldn’t truly get everything down the way I wanted to. I tasted my first ever monster, got my first ever sunburn and saw too much sexiness count. I had more fun than a little bit with two very AH-MAZING people and I just want go back.
I’m making separate photo set post with a few sick shots of the band/artists I saw.